Tel: 01257 547061 (buying) | 01257 547062 (letting)
15 Barnes Wallis Way, Buckshaw Village, Chorley, PR7 7JA



Energy Performance Certificates – What are they?

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is an asset rating and tells you how energy efficient a building is and its impact on the environment and is a legal requirement when selling or renting your home. In a nutshell, it shows a potential buyer how good – or bad – the energy efficiency of your property is and grades the property’s energy efficient from A to G, with A being the highest rating.

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) were introduced in England and Wales on 1st August 2007 as part of Home Information Packs (HIPs) for domestic properties with four or more bedrooms. Over time this requirement was extended to smaller properties.When the requirement for HIPs was removed in May 2010, the requirement for EPCs continued. The scheme for HIPs was extended to encompass three bedroom homes from 10th September 2007. Rental properties, which have a certificate valid for 10 years, required on a new tenancy commencing on or after 1st October 2008. They are a result of European Union Direct ive 2002/91/EC relating to the energy performance of buildings,as transposed into British law by the Housing Act 2004 and The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007.

When you instruct Redrose to market your property you will be given the opportunity to purchase an EPC. Alternatively you can call us now on 01772 456558 or email to purchase one now.